Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teeny tiny girl...BIG PROBLEM

Monday night I admitted myself to the emergency room because I was experiencing extreeme lower abdominal pain all of Sunday night, to the point that I could not sleep. I came to find that all of this pain was being caused by a ruptured hemorrhagic ovarian cyst on my left ovary. Let me tell you, this is the worst pain I have yet to experience, and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I have gotten 4 tattoos(1 rib and one on the inner lip=2 of the most painful places to get a tattoo), 8 piercings, a 2nd degree burn on my leg and none of these can even compare to the pain I felt on Sunday night. I am currently on a bunch of pain medication (Roxicet 5/325) and the pressure is still there. I am basically writing this to complain to the world about the pain I am in because there is not much else to do. My OBGYN has recommended that I get lots of rest along with a sort of "wait and see" period because my body will naturally absorb the blood and fluid released into the floor of my pelvic area. If you have never experienced this, I do not wish it upon you or even my worst enemies. This is by far the worst pain a woman can feel besides childbirth. These pictures are not from my insides, don't worry. I just thought these pictures may be helpful to anyone who is going through the same thing, or has no idea what I am talking about. 
Ultrasound Picture of an Ovarian Cyst


No comments:

Post a Comment